Venmo simplifies money transfers between individuals, allowing consumers to pay back people in their networks for many reasons. During the design process, we identify some pain points through users testing and in-depth interview. Based on the research, we did the iterative design that improves the user experience around the transaction process. We hope we can redesign Venmo into an application that requires minimal cognitive load to do a bill transaction, that makes payments feel quick and easy, like sending a text message, that helps people feel in control of their payment experience, and give people the right amount of information at the right time.
*Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Venmo. All logos and trademarks belong to Venmo. This case study was a hypothetical design exploration.*
- Redesign Porject @ Parsons
- Dec. 2017 - Jan. 2017
- Interface Design, Usability, Mobile App
- Cindy Guan, Cici Xiang
- Paper and pen, Sketch, InVision, Framer
Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro
We worked together in most part of this project. We splited the visual design evenly, and helped review each other's work frequently.
1. Conducted initial research including competitive analysis, online research, eleven semi-structured interviews with venmo users.
2. Synthesized research insights and created personas and user journey.
3. Analyzed Venmo's brand system, and designed an improved flow for sending and demanding in app.
4. Designed and prototyped half of this project's visual assets. 5. Ran design feedback sessions and user testing with current venmo users, and iterated on the design.
1. In-depth interviews with existing users
2. Define persona & user journey map
3. Identify pain points
4. Iterate user flow
5. Paper prototype & user test
6. Refine prototype
7. Final delivery (pitch video & Interactive prototype)